As designers, we can save the human auditory experience where we live, work, learn, heal, and play by creating exceptional soundscapes for the people who inhabit the spaces we design.
We can make quiet to improve our mental and physical health, lower blood pressure, cortisol and adrenaline levels, help our brains to regenerate, help us sleep, improve energy, reduce lost work time, learn, heal, rest.
A well-designed soundscape will:
- Support the purpose of the space
- Attract and retain people
- Increase speech clarity
- Provide speech privacy
- Boost performance and productivity
- Preserve awareness of our surroundings
- Support learning and concentration
- Create opportunities for communal communication
- Reduce distracting noise
- Provide quiet spaces for rest, focus, reflection
- Provide communal spaces to help build relationships
As designers, we help designers save acoustic experiences. Can we help you?